Take 5 and Add Local Love
Shop at Whole Foods Markets and 5% of your purchase will be donated to the Montgomery County Food Council. Thursday, June 22nd during operating hours at all five Montgomery County Whole Foods Markets locations:
- Bethesda: 5269 River Road, Bethesda MD; 7:30 am – 9:00 pm
- Friendship Heights: 4420 Willard Avenue, Chevy Chase, MD; 8:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Kentlands: 316 Kentlands Blvd, Gaithersburg, MD; 7:30 am – 9:00 pm
- Rockville: 11355 Woodglen Drive, Rockville, MD; 8:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Silver Spring: 833 Wayne Avenue, Silver Spring, MD; 7:00 am – 10:00 pm
MCEDC is proud to partner with the Food Council and help them promote this fantastic community event. Our in-house marketing team, MoCo Labs, created the logos for this event.
The 5% Day is a tremendous opportunity for the Food Council to increase the visibility of Montgomery County made food products, as well as raise awareness of and essential funding for our initiatives to support the local food economy in Montgomery County. Join in for entertainment and activities throughout the day at all five Montgomery County Whole Food locations, such as local product tastings, cooking demonstrations featuring local products as key ingredients, and mini education sessions on the benefits of eating local.