EXCITING EVENTS COMING TO MONTGOMERY COUNTY
Don’t miss the conferences, forums, workshops, and symposiums that can help put your business ahead of the rest.
Don't Become a Statistic: What you Must Know About Cybersecurity
Did you know 65% of small businesses will suffer some form of cyber attack, and of those, 61% will NOT survive? The Maryland Women Business Center in Rockville is excited to offer this workshop to help business owners protect themselves and their companies.
Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer of MindSpout, Scott Raba, will alert you to the must-knows of cyber protection. MindSpout works with clients to solve their IT, Marketing, and Business Development problems and proactively mitigate their exposure to the numerous threats related to doing business digitally.
All small businesses need to attend this workshop. Register online today to reserve your spot.
The Maryland Tech Council builds stronger technology and life science communities in Maryland by nurturing a healthy and vibrant environment for businesses to connect and prosper. Bio+Tech18 supports this mission by providing a forum for area professionals to exchange ideas and explore partnerships. It also helps position Maryland as a top-three innovation economy for technology and life sciences, as well as the next “Silicon Valley” for these two industries.
Conference highlights include:
- Connecting more than 400 top technology and life science professionals based in the region with leading global brands, venture capitalists and promising startups
- Hosts world-renowned speakers and keynotes
- Features designated education tracks for industry-specific topics
Companies are also encouraged to participate in The Bio+Tech18 Conference Pitch Contest, with a $5,000 cash prize. The event is being held at the Baltimore Hilton in Baltimore, Maryland.
Montgomery County Procurement Forum
Montgomery County Office of Procurement is offering a forum on October 5 for attendees to network with peers, create new connections, and gain the tools their business needs to become more successful. Business owners can learn about procurement opportunities around the County from experts in the public and private sector.
Concurrent Session 1:
- Writing Effective Proposals and Business Development Resources
- Procurement Opportunities with the County & Partnering Agencies
- Non-profit Organization: Procurement Opportunities and Processes
Concurrent Session 2:
- Certifications Overview – Which Certification is right for me?
- How to Market & Promote Your Business: Elevator Pitch & Social Media
- Montgomery County’s New Initiatives and Procurement Opportunities
Sign up today. A continental breakfast will be provided.
The CyberMaryland Conference is an annual two-day event presented jointly by The National Cyber Security Hall of Fame and Federal Business Council (FBC), in conjunction with academic, government and private industry organizations.
The theme, “Leading the Cyber Generation,” captures the event’s purpose of sharing information and networking opportunities for the development of cyber assets. The conference also provides a chance for Maryland to demonstrate its natural leadership in Cyber Security.
CyberMaryland includes three components:
- The CyberMaryland Conference with nationally recognized speakers and panelists on cyber and technology innovations. Sessions cover the most up-to-date information from thought leaders in all facets of the cyber ecosystem.
- The Cyber Maryland Industry Showcase with a full array of today’s top Cyber Security companies, prime contractors, small businesses, financial organizations, and educational institutions showcasing their products and services.
- The Cyber Maryland Challenge seeks teams willing to test a range of skills in a battle of real world cyber challenges. Teams will demonstrate their ability to work together, understand both simple and complex vulnerabilities, defensive and offensive operations.
Mark your calendars for this special event at Baltimore, Maryland’s Inner Harbor.
TEDCO'S ENTREPRENEUR EXPO & STEM CELL SYMPOSIUM
TEDCO’s 8th Annual Entrepreneur Expo & Stem Cell Symposium on October 30 gathers a number of opportunities for entrepreneurs to network, learn and engage in discussions designed to harness the innovative energy across the state of Maryland.
The Expo draws more than 800 of the region’s top leaders, small and large business executives, venture capital investors, federal and state economic development officials, university leaders and legislators.
The tenth annual stem cell symposium will also be held along with the Expo for the second consecutive year to stimulate research ideas into commercial products and cures. The stem cell track will bring renowned scientists and stem cell companies to our region, as well showcase research from local universities, institutes and companies in Maryland.
Speakers include TEDCO CEO George Davis, Catalyte CEO Jacob Hsu, and JHTV’s own Christy Wyskiel. General admission includes breakfast, lunch, breaks and closing reception.
“This year’s Expo promises to be an extraordinary event as we celebrate Maryland’s unmatched entrepreneurial spirit,” said TEDCO CEO, George Davis.
TEDCO is celebrating its 20th anniversary and will highlight the organization’s history and successes during the Expo. They provide a framework of knowledge, funding, and networking to support an eco-system that nurtures researchers, entrepreneurs, start-ups, and early-stage companies engaged in bringing innovative ideas to market
The event is being held at The Hotel at the University of Maryland in College Park.