What is the Duck Pond?
Nonprofit Village and Montgomery College have partnered to provide a "Shark Tank" style event. Participants will outline their nonprofit concept to a panel that includes experts in nonprofit program development, fundraising, marketing, finance, and law. Duck Pond participants will learn how to define their mission better, generate operating strategies, identify partners and formulate the foundation for their organization's compliance program.
Present your startup nonprofit and receive:
- Immediate access to feedback from industry experts
- Recommendations on how to move you from idea to action
- Connections to resources and expertise to develop your vision
- Leveraging best practices of nonprofit management to enhance your nonprofit/program
- Access to ongoing support from Nonprofit Village
Who is eligible to apply to the Duck Pond?
Individuals with a concept for a new nonprofit organization as well as startup nonprofits that want more guidance on establishing sound business practices.